Toastmasters has an educational program to help you become a better communicator and leader. Here are the designations and the requirements as a checklist.
NEW! PathwaysDistinguished Toastmaster (DTM)
This is the new educational program Toastmasters has developed and rolled out in 2017-2018.
- Managed largely online (in “Base Camp”), with videos, quizzes, etc.
- New skills & projects.
- There are 10 paths to choose from (see FAQ).
- Each path has 5 levels of mastery (see FAQ).
- See more on the Toastmasters site (TM.org).
- Take the quiz – find your path! (TM.org)
- Pathways FAQ (TM.org)
This is the highest designation you can achieve in Toastmasters, after completing the following Pathways requirements (click here for a chart on TM.org):
- Complete two learning paths.
- Serve as a club officer for 12 months. (If your club has six-month terms for officers, you can fulfill this requirement by serving as a club officer twice, but you don’t have to do it in consecutive terms.)
- Serve a complete one-year term as a district officer.
- Serve successfully as a club mentor or coach.
- Serve successfully as a club sponsor or conduct a Speechcraft or Youth Leadership program.
- Complete the DTM project. (Members are required to create and implement a project of their own design, in which they demonstrate the skills and expertise they have gained.)